How To Choose Your Eye Surgeon – Checklist
It’s easy…if you know what’s important!
Ask these questions:
- Does my surgeon personally do my pre-operative surgical assessment and all my follow-up care?
- Is my surgeon a specialist in both vision correction and cornea?
- Does my surgeon offer solutions for nearsightedness, farsightedness, astigmatism, and presbyopia (reading glasses)? How about cataracts?
- Does my surgeon offer choices of advanced vision correction procedures for patients of different ages with different vision goals, including all-laser LASIK, PRK, topography-guided LASIK/PRK, Visian ICL, refractive lens exchange (RLE), refractive laser-assisted cataract surgery (ReLACS), premium intraocular lens (IOL) implants, treatments for presbyopia (reading glasses), and Keratoconus treatments?
- Does my surgeon offer all-laser (bladeless) LASIK?
- Does my surgeon participate in FDA clinical trials that help advance vision correction technologies?
- Does my surgeon offer advanced technologies for my procedure?
- Does my surgeon have 25 years of vision correction and cornea experience?
- Does my surgeon receive referrals from other eye care specialists in the community?
- Does my surgeon have financing options available?
- Does my surgeon offer convenient hours?
- Does my surgeon always put his/her patients’ best interests first?
Ready to Get Started? 407.894.8081